Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Why Linköping Sucks, Part 518



This scan from Superblog!!'s local morning paper presents a tragic tale of a gentleman's unsuccessful attempt to find a place to urinate in the city of Linköping, Sweden. Me, I'd have used the gutter.

I apologize to the vast majority of our visitors who don't understand Swedish, but it's virtually impossible to translate this into any other language. At least if you want to retain the poetry of the original, and otherwise, what's the point?

"Det gick inte att komma in!"

"Skyll inte på kajorna!"

Says it all, really.

Update @ 20:55: I just realized this reads like it was written by a 10-year-old. Maybe it was.

5 comments:

Koala Mentala said...

I should perhaps have subtitled this entry "Don't Blame the Jackdaws", since those are the words Superblog!! will live by from now on.

Kilroy Trout said...

Thanks for the info, and I just scratched Linköping off my list of vacation destinations.

Koala Mentala said...

Success!

Superblog!! will continue to work towards the destruction of Linköping, Google, Karl Rove, and the Academy Awards.

Astrid said...

Haha .. that is okay, you are as old as you feel you are! And I think I need to work on my Swedish-language skills! I think my Swedish stops at "STOCKHOLM" ... haha ...

Koala Mentala said...

I feel like I'm 200 years old.

And why the fuck is everybody commenting on the stupid Swedish entry while ignoring the brilliant ones in the Queen's English?

Just kidding. I love you all.