Sunday, June 12, 2005

Photo #29: Friggin' Fish Balls


This is Koala counting fish balls on the Ålandsfärja.

Flesh of white fish such as cod or haddock added to a mixture of milk, fish broth, flour or other binding ingredients and seasoning, made into balls and cooked. Mrketed as semi-preserved, canned or frozen.

Mmmmm....balls...
When I researched this post I learned that fish balls are called Fischkloss in Germany and Fiskibollur in Iceland. If i can spare the time I'll also try to learn all the 291 Common Names of Gadus morhua.

6 comments:

spidercrazy said...

Oh, Fishballs. For a second I thought I was looking at a traffic accident.

Sara said...

I should make more food in ball shapes. Balls seem to be more fun to eat.
But, honestly, who doesn't like sticking a big ball or two in ones mouth?

I know I sure do.

Koala Mentala said...

That's great, Sara. Hope you like the taste of my elephant balls.

Moocko said...

S:t Mentala has some kind of obessession with fish. That's creepy.

Koala Mentala said...

It's true. I am obessessed.

Astrid said...

And these fishballs are supposed to be yummy?