Sunday, January 09, 2005

Chairman of Debt Reconciliation and Foreign Contract Payments of the Nigerian Senate Contacts Superblog!!, Asks for Help with Money Transaction

We've been receiving a lot of interesting offers by email lately, and I thought I'd share one of them, along with my response. Here is Senator Iya Abubakar:

Dear friend,

This short memo would certainly embarrass you due to the fact that we have not had any previous correspondence with each other. I got your details on the internet when I was on a desperate search for someone who could handle a big transaction for our mutual benefit. We shall get to know each other better pretty soon but please give this deal a serious consideration as it would certainly benefit both of us tremendously.


Yes, Senator, we certainly will. Rest assured that you did the right thing by contacting us.

One of our government contractor, who serviced a certain project for the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) at the Porthacourt Refinery lost his life on the September 11, 2001 at the World Trade Center during the Terrorist Bombing organized by the al’queda network of Osama Bin Laden.

Huh? Osama bin Laden? What are you talking about, Senator? I thought
Saddam Hussein was behind 9-11? Do you have access to information the rest of us haven't? Now I'm confused.

This contractor had left Nigeria for his country to produce certain documents required of him for the clearing of his funds which was routed to his account in Wellsfargo Bank through the Petroleum Trust Fund account of the Nigerian Government at our correspondent bank, the Union Bank of Switzerland (UBS AG, ZURICH). He however could not come back having met his sudden death on that trip.

Well, that's understandable.

The allocated funds for his contract payment has been at the UBS AG ever since due to the fact that the documents were never received coupled with the fact that he does not have any dependant (Next-of Kin). I now have plans of claiming this funds (together with all accrued interests) if I can find an honest foreigner who would be presented as the next of kin to the diseased.

Wait a minute. Is that even legal? And it sounds like you're leading up to asking Superblog!! to pose as a relative of that unfortunate man. I sure hope that's not where this is going, Sir!

My office has already forwarded our report to the Accountant General’s office with this claim one of those already settled. This goes to show that this deal is 100% risk free as the government have already noted the claim as settled. The amount in question is US$93,600,000 (Ninety Three Million, Six Hundred Thousand United States Dollars).

Oh. Still listening.

The continued stay of this money with the bank in Zurich does not make any business sense. It does not also make any business sense allowing this money to be sent back to the Nigerian government treasury, not paid to anyone when there are millions of people out there who are suffering some high degree of untold hardship. I would want us to claim this money and donate a substantial part of it to Charity. The rest can then be equally shared between the both of us.

"The rest"? Just how much are we talking about here? I wouldn't want to assist you in stealing, sorry, claiming all that money just to see 99 percent of it go to feeding hungry Nigerian children or something.

As the chairman of Debt Reconciliation and Foreign Contract Payments of the Nigerian Senate, I know how best to achieve this goal without leaving any traces. More details on this plans (including documents relevant to this claim) shall be forwarded to you upon your acceptance to collaborate with me on this business opportunity of a life time.

Superblog!! may very well be interested in collaborating with you in this endeavour. Please contact us with further information through the usual channels.

But please this deal must have to be conducted under a water tight (highly confidential) arrangement due to the sensitive nature of my official appointment.

That goes without saying.

Finally, please I urge you to get back to me even if you are not interested on this deal. Your response would allow me to decide on weather to continue prospecting for another collaborator or not. Just get back to me through this email address: sen_abubakar2000@yahoo.com. Thanks as I wait in anticipation for your response.

Best Regard,
Senator Iya Abubakar.


It's "whether", you moron! And is that your professional email address? I have to admit I'm not entirely convinced you're even a real senator.

Still, thank you for your letter. Superblog!! looks forward to hearing more from you on this matter.

2 comments:

Silver Turtle said...

I cannot believe this email is still circulating. Has one single person fallen for it, ever?

Koala Mentala said...

I fell for it, if by that you mean "recognized an excellent opportunity when it came along". Mr Abubakar hasn't been in touch again so far, though, which fills me with great sadness.