Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I Am Not Well-Read

I have read exactly 14 percent of TIME Magazine's top 100 novels from 1923 to the present. (To be fair, in several instances, I've read other books by the authors in question. But still.)

(And to be more than fair, I have managed to pick the cream of the crop. Of my 14 books, nine rank in the reader's top ten.

(Of course, readers are stupid.))

And I've only seen 20 of the top 100 movies.

And to be percectly frank, I haven't had sexual relations with any of the top 100 sexiest women. (As far as I know. I didn't really read through that one.)

Or, for that matter, any of the top 100 Millennium Men. (Same caveat, but I'd be very surprised.

(And I absolutely fucking refuse to read the Top 10 Things You Should Know Before You Blog.))

9 comments:

Smart Mouth said...

Ummm, I am secretly in love with you.

Moocko said...

26 movies, 5 books. I rule.

Uncle Sammy said...

24 movies, 9 books, I read.

Afe said...

24 movies, 8 books. Damn you, Uncle Sammy. I was so close.

Afe said...

And why the HELL isn't A Clockwork Orange on the movie list, huh? I protest.

Moocko said...

Come on, Goo-baby! Let's hear your results!

Smart Mouth said...

PS - this book list really is crap. Judy Blume? Zadie Smith?? Try here...

http://www.harvard.com/onourshelves/top100.html

President Preston said...

Can you keep a secret? I once killed a kitten solely for the purpose of taking a picture of it holding a pepsi can.

I added a caption that said "See? Even dead kittens love Pepsi brand cola!". The company never responded to the letter I enclosed it in.

Koala Mentala said...

Smart Mouth, I thought about letting you act out all your dirty fantasies on me (I'm easy, ask anyone), but an irrational hatred of Zadie Smith is a huge turnoff for me. She rocks!