Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Can I Interest Anyone in a Chocolate Swirlie?

SHUT THE FUCK UP



Just two short months after Sammy Sneeze, I finally got around to watching my illegal copy of Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, first mentioned on SUPERBLOG!! back when it was five days old and mostly written in Swedish!

I thought it was a pretty cool film, but there's no way I'd have given it five Michael Keatons, (unlike some SUPERBLOG!! contributors I know). Not sober, at least.

One thing I'd like to mention: if you think you recognize the guy who plays the Oompa-Loompas (Mister Deep Roy), it might be because he was the Tin Man in Return to Oz, which you of course immediately ran out to buy after reading about on SUPERBLOG!! this summer.

Since Sammy already laid claim to being Augustus Gloop, I guess I'll pick Veruca Salt as the character I identify most with. Like Veruca, I'm fucking spoiled, I have a band named after me, I was born in Sweden to Swedish parents, and I speak fluent Swedish. Don't believe me? Check this out:

Jag bra prata! Mig bra svenska talare! Mapa skrika malopp!

I wrote that entirely without help.



P.S. About that title... D.S.

8 comments:

Mr. John Steed said...

Veruca Salt, the band, is definetely bad. But the character, ahh, is awesome ...

"Daddy, I want another ponny. NOW"

You swedish guys, have you listened to José González' Veneer? Great album, at least better than Ace of Base, but not better than Jens Lekman of course.

Cheerio.

Uncle Sammy said...

No way José! Maybe Koala knows? He's the one of us listening to different bands. For me it's always U2. I have heard about this Lekman though.

Afe said...

Wow, that must be the linkiest post ever.

I would give that movie three chocolate swirls out of five. Too sweet and no substance. But pretty to look at.

Smart Mouth said...

*cringe* I'm getting a haircut. Tonight. *shiver*

zenmonki said...

I thought it was a pretty cool film, but there's no way I'd have given it five Michael Keatons, (unlike some SUPERBLOG!! contributors I know). Not sober, at least.

Who gives a rat's ass about how many Keatons you'd rate this movie? Use a real unit of measure we can relate to, like I did!

I identified with Mike Teavea the most.

Koala Mentala said...

Steed and Unc: Sadly, I just listen to good music.

Afe: Thanks for noticing.

Smart Mouth: Then you might get poo in the scalp instead.

Zen: I have nothing to say to you just now but I want to mention you so you don't feel left out.

nlhxi

Mr. John Steed said...

But Jens is great! Don't you think so? Do you prefer Roxette?

Koala Mentala said...

I only listen to Babylon Zoo.