Friday, March 07, 2008

Everybody Loves Al, Part 2



Speaking of The Simpsons, here is Alan Moore, flanked by Art Spiegelman and Dan Clowes from the episode "Husbands and Knives". I was gonna blog a lot about that when it aired last November, but I don't think I ever did? And now it's too late. Why is SUPERBLOG!! always six months behind the curve?

I've never blogged about Spiegelman but there was a post about The Man Who Stole Ghost World back in 2005. (SUPERBLOG!!'s salad days, if you will.)

Anyway, this was supposed to be about Alan Moore so here he is meeting Death.

And here's another spot-on drawing of Alan Moore, part of a slightly larger online humor comic about (if memory serves) the creation of something called The Sinestro Corps (that link's just to a Wikipedia entry about the group itself) that I tried to find but couldn't. Maybe I just didn't try hard enough? I only gave it a couple of minutes. I'm a busy man and that's all the time I have. But I did watch Superman: The Animated Series the other day, and there he was:



Sinestro, I mean. Also, I remember that character from an issue or two of John Byrne's run on Wonder Woman, which I bought every issue of because I was a huge Byrne fan back then. Even though I didn't enjoy it. I was just waiting for it to become good, you know, because I grew up with his X-Men and Fantastic Four and stuff, and Next Men was good. At least I thought so back then. Was that around the time Byrne started sucking, or was I just developing a more discerning taste?

This has been a warm-up for my forthcoming blog post Everybody Hates Watchmen. I'm not kidding. Watch the skies.

No comments: