Thursday, June 22, 2006

Suck My Solstice



Tomorrow is Midsummer's Eve, which is a big deal in Sweden. We erect a giant phallic tree and dance and laugh and sing and eat and drink and fuck and cry. It's a time for celebrating our Old Gods.

For my part, I'm gonna focus on the drinking. But not too heavily, because the day after, I'm attending a wedding, and puking in church stopped being cool some time in the '90s.

All this will take place in Norrland, a barren wasteland, unfit for human life. I hope to return in a few days (unless I get eaten by a moose or something). During my absence, SUPERBLOG!! will be in the sole care of Uncle Scooby. Here's what Unc had to say when I informed him:

I will poo all over the blog

Clearly, SUPERBLOG!! couldn't be in better hands. Now I can drink with a clean conscience.

3 comments:

Somebodyiusedtoknow said...

Midsummer's Eve sounds like the Swedish version of Burning Man.

Have fun heathens.

Moocko said...

I was actually expecting Koala to preach more about it, since we both got to experience the wonderful movie THE WICKER MAN (not the remake) recently.

Well, we Swedes ARE violent and sexually depraved pagans, who like to burn things, and I think Uncle Booby's latest post proves that.

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »