Thursday, October 08, 2009

Thursday is Thor's Day

Some asshole may have previously told you that Thursday is Thirst Day but he or she was either misinformed or willfully spreading malicious untruths. Thursday is the fourth day of the week (some say third) and is universally recognized as the day to eat ärtsoppa AKA pea soup. (Not to be confused with pee soup, which is consumed exclusively during a weekend of drunken weirdness.)

Thor has a fuckload of names.

Hey! Meet Bo, the First Dog. What. That's a wrong link for this post.

UPDATE at the same time as the rest so not really an update at all. I found a proper picture of proper Thor. Here he is with his friends Bill Bixby and the Hulk:

4 comments:

Matthew said...

Have you read the comic Thor lately? Hella awesome, dude.

Koala Mentala said...

It's been a few years since I read a new Marvel comic not written by Garth Ennis, I'm afraid. (I'm lying! I'm not actually afraid.)

spidercrazy said...

I always liked Thor. No, not the figure, but the Thor stories. Well.. when I think of it, most of them sucked. Except the ones featuring Thor's arch nemesis, The Absorbing Man - probably the weirdest villain to ever grace the pages of comics. Once, he fought the Hulk on Easter Island. Maybe it was on a Maundy Thursday?

KM said...

Absorbing Man is fully normal! I would contend that even limiting ourselves to Marvel characters, there are plenty of weirder ones. Hellcow ftw!