Sunday, November 01, 2009

More Post-it Art: The Last Mayor of Falun


The term "Post-it" and the canary yellow color are trademarks of 3M. Accepted generic terms for competitors include "sticky notes" or "repositionable notes" or "repositional notes."

Moko came to visit the SUPERBLOG!! offices in Falun a while back. I was telling him all about the history of Falun, all the corrupt city officials and stuff, and the town's peculiar mayoral tradition. The position of mayor was finally eliminated in 1997, but up until then they held great power in all of the Dales. Mayors were expected to wear the Key to the City around their necks at all times, even while taking a shower. Their main tasks included collecting local taxes, often personally, and attending important ceremonies, such as public executions (before they were outlawed in 1990, when the Wall fell).

Moko was very impressed with all this, and artistic that he is (not autistic, although he might be that as well), he took one of my Post-it notes and sat down and started to draw the picture above. I was immediately angered by this, because Post-it notes aren't cheap, and it looked like he was just vandalizing them for no good reason.
"What the hell are you doing?!", I shouted. "Stop immediately!"
He put down his pen and handed over the artwork. It was almost finished anyway.
"I drew this for you", he said, hesitantly. "I was so inspired by your great story. Is this anything like what the mayors used to look like?"
"No", I said, trying to let him down gently. "You're a terrible artist".

14 comments:

Moocko said...

The soon-to-come big burst of popularity of this post will prove my artistic greatness! You'll be able to sell the Mayor-painting on eBay for like zillions of dållars. I swear on the graves of all the mayors in the world.

Anonymous said...

It's not a painting and there's no such thing as a zillion dållars and I'll keep all the money and spend it on missile defense!!

KM said...

Anonymous is just some dude, not me at all.

spidercrazy said...

He looks like his shoes are nailed to the ground. Maybe he's auditioning for the Matrix?

KM said...

You gezt it, Spidercrazy! He IS auditioning for the Matrix. Now you win The Prize.

spidercrazy said...

What prize? I hope it is something I don't want, but is good enough to give away as a present.

KM said...

You can claim your Prize by clicking on a virus-ridden ad. DO YOU LIKE THEM?

Moocko said...

They mayor is ON to you guys!

Moocko said...

THEY, mayor, they!

KM said...

Is They Mayor on to me and the spidercrazed one? What are you saying?

Moocko said...

Aye, he's on to you guys ("he" being They Mayor - The Destructor), and I'd suggest you play it safe from now on, as to not upset his delicate senses, ya dig, cats, diggety.

KM said...

WE DIG

Somebodyiusedtoknow said...

awesome drawing skills!

Moocko said...

Many thanks, Goo!