So it is written, so shall it be. 2007 will be the year of watching movies. And I'll grade each and every motion picture (and complete TV series) I watch right here on SUPERBLOG!!... with the possible exception of anything pornographic or illegal. I'm gonna try to concentrate on the ones listed on twofifty.org that I haven't seen. The twofifty list is, of course, based on IMDB's Top 250. It's not quite up-to-date, but I'll use it for reference anyway. My current standing is 123.
So. Here's what I've watched these past two weeks.
- Lost Season One (repeat): Great.
- Star Trek IV: Sucky.
- Star Trek V: Slightly less sucky, but still Sucky.
- The Island (2005): The suckfest continues. Even though it had 1) potential and 2) Scarlett Johansson. Why does Michael Bay get to keep on making movies? Because there are a lot of stupid people in the world.
- Le Samouraï: Cool.
- Le Cercle Rouge: Cooler.
- Broken Flowers: Good.
- GoodFellas (repeat): Great.
- Unforgiven (repeat): Good, maybe Great.
- Batman: The Animated Series Season Three: Good.
- Borat: Funny, but I expected funnier. Then again, the Ali G movie was crappier than the TV show too.
- The Cabinet of Dr Caligari (1920): Cool.
- 12 Angry Men: Great.
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: Very decent action movie, probably not deserving of being on the 250 list.
- To Kill a Mockingbird: Pretty great.
- Sherlock, Jr: Really impressive, considering it's over 200 years old.
- Sunset Blvd: Fucking great.
- Match Point: Surprisingly excellent. Strangely, I watched this right after Sunset and there were a lot of parallels. Both are about "kept" men who have to choose between a comfortable life with a wealthy woman, and their love, who's a failed actress.
- Charlotte's Web (1973): Okay.
- Gangs of New York: Good.
I give them a combined Michael Keaton grade of 68 out of 100: