Okay. Continuing the documentation I started last week, here's the stuff I've watched since:
- On the Waterfront: Full of Brando goodness.
- Skin Deep: So and so.
- Some Like It Hot: Kinda stupid but very charming. And did you know Marilyn Monroe was seriously hot? She's like a Scarlett Johansson for the 20th Century. And the deader she gets, the hotter she gets.
- The General (1927): I like Keaton better when he's interacting with humans rather than with a train.
- The New Batman Adventures (24 eps) (repeat): Good.
- It's a Wonderful Life: Pretty good, I guess, but I'd have preferred the Killing Spree ending. Plus, doesn't Pottersville seem way more awesome than stupid Bedford Falls? I'd rather have a ton of bars and strip clubs than some stupid loan office!
- Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman: Rush job.
- Kind Hearts and Coronets: Highly amusing.
- All About Eve: Very good.
- National Security: Completely stupid, but not offensively so. Still, zero Keatons for this one.
- Charade: A fine flick. (Warning: link is a 21 part serial in piss-poor quality).
- The Big Sleep (1946): Good. Hard to follow, but in a good way. I like being made to feel stupid.
- Absolon: Awesome. No, wait. I mean awful.
- The Truman Show (repeat): Powerful Dick-ripoff.
- BloodRayne: Very bad. But I've certainly seen worse. (Absolon, for instance.)
- Ladri di biciclette: Okay. Yeah, yeah, it was better than okay. But I didn't much care. Plus, I've never really forgiven the Italians for World War II.
- Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind: I like the comic a lot which is why I found this (incomplete) adaptation disappointing. It's nowhere near as complex and rewarding. But I should probably watch it again, dubbed. I've never really forgiven the Japanese for World War II.
- Mr Smith Goes to Washingon: Entertaining, if stupid, tale of mildly retarded senator of the United States of Assholes. (I've never really forgiven them for the War on Everything.)
- Singin' in the Rain: Charming trash.
- In Good Company: Nice, but crapped out at the end.
- Hotel Rwanda: Horrible and captivating.
- A Fistful of Dynamite (repeat): Interesting and intermittently beautiful but overlong.
Best of the Week: I don't know. There were a lot of great movies but I can't think of one in particular that felt extra super-mega-great. The biggest surprise was Kind Hearts and Coronets, which I'd never heard of but liked a lot.
Worst of the Week: Only three movies sucked ass. Of those, Absolon sucked the hardest.
Twofifty update: Shit, they finally updated so I lost four of the movies on my list. Thank God I also gained a couple. Anyway, my current score is 134/250.
Total Michael Keaton grade: 67 out of 110, giving us an average of 3.05.