Friday, April 13, 2007

So It Goes



Today is Friday the 13th and, as such, a happy happy day. But it is also slightly sad because Kurt Vonnegut died a few days ago and I was out of town where the Internets wanted to work only intermittently (lazy Internets!) so I heard about it just recently. Vonnegut was one of my favorite writers but he was also OLD - over forty. So the sadness is not overwhelming because he had a long, full life.

Another person who has had a long, full life and therefore may well kick off at any moment is SUPERBLOG!! Sports Editor, Sammy Sneeze. For him, every day is a blessing but today is an EXTRA joyous day for reasons that must remain mysterious. HOO-RAY.

Incidentally, I swiped the above pic from Jason's Myspace page. Apart from his murderousness, he seems like a nice guy. I've never understood the point of MySpace though. Isn't a MySpace page just a regular web page but with a lot of SHIT thrown on top? I mean, I'm as interactive as the next guy. Obviously I use YouTube and shit like that. (Occasionally I even lecture on Web 2.0!) But MySpace? I don't see the point.

But the point of this entry is, once again, HOO-RAY.

2 comments:

Afe said...

Aha! So you're a lecturer? I'm so disappointed in you.

I agree, myspace is completely gay, which is why Rupert Murdoch bought it instead of Google.

Koala Mentala said...

I'm not a lecturer. I'm just asked to give lectures sometimes because I know stuff nobody else knows, plus I'm an insanely entertaining public speaker.